Best Wheel Brush
It is high time you stopped struggling with grime on your wheels by getting the best wheel brush so far. There are lots of options in the market at the moment, which means that you do have decisions to make.
In the course of washing your car, the pressure washer and a good wheel cleaner often come in handy for most people. However, these will only shift a lot of the grime from the wheels, but some of it will still remain, at times hidden beyond your sight.
With a good brush however, it is possible to get rid of all the grime. This is because a good brush will get to places where your mitt or sponge cannot. This is also a good idea, because you can use more pressure on places that you cannot easily access.
Things like brake dust will not bother you anymore. There are some brushes that are in fact designed to reach behind the rim and the spokes. This way you will not be storing problems behind your wheels.
Do not be the kind of car owner that uses an old paint brush to clean your wheels, because the metal collar will most certainly damage the rim lacquer.
Top Best Wheel Brush
Mothers Wheel Brush
Mothers is a brand that is known worldwide for some of the finest premium grade polishes, brushes and waxes. In as far as detailing is concerned, you can barely go wrong with their products.
The wheel and fender brush easily and gently scrubs the wheels, gets rid of grime and brake dust. This is a brush that is up to the task.
Here are some of the main features of this brush:
- Scratch free, extra soft bristles
- Comfortable non-slip grip for convenient use
- Ergonomic, light weight design
- Protective handle for your knuckles while you are cleaning
- Rubber bumper protection to prevent scratching while in use
This is a wheel brush that will not only clean your wheels, but will also offer protection from scratching and accidental damages.
Viking Red and Black Premium Metal Wheel & Rim Wand
A product of Viking, this is one of the products that uses microfiber towel technology for effective cleaning. The Viking products are a huge part of what most people in the auto industry consider the future of auto detailing.
Each and every detailer usually has at least one or two Viking products, and this brush is one of the most effective you will come across.
- Designed to be metal free, so it offers a scratch free cleaning experience
- Heavy duty microfiber construction allows ease of use and helps you maneuver
- TPR sure-grip handle for convenience
- Paint and clear coat safe
- Oversized cone shape makes the head easy to use
- Increased length allows you to reach difficult areas
The versatility and performance of this brush, and microfiber technology will help you get rid of the old towels you use to clean your wheels, and use something that is appropriate for the task at hand.
One of the good things about the use of microfiber is that it helps clean your wheels without the need for chemicals. In the long run they save you on time, energy and money.
Other than microfiber technology, Viking brushes also uses a new brake dust concept that is quite the revolution in terms of how wheels and rims are cleaned.
While in use, a core of soft foam will shroud the plastic finger, making it difficult for the brush to scratch your rim or wheels. With that foam cover, is a heavy-duty microfiber bonnet that will lift dust away effectively and fast, but most importantly, in a safe way.
Detailer’s Choice Deluxe Wheel Detail Brush
There is a whole range of car care products that are available from Detailer’s Choice. This brush is one of those, and it does stand out because it is effective for use with/in all types of wheels. Here are some of the key features of this brush:
- This is a safe solution for all your wheels
- The package includes soft bristles to help you remove dust and dirt from the wheel walls
- Has a beaded thumb rest for convenience
- Designed with an efficient non-slip handle
- Marks vehicle protection
The brush is further designed with molded rubber bumpers, which usually protect your vehicle from dirt in the course of the cleaning exercise. Both the deluxe and standard brush series of brushes from this line will help you clean your wheels just fine.
EZ Detail Brush
This is one of the brushes that you can use to help you get rid of dirt from the surfaces of your wheels. While in use, you do not need to worry about scratching, or dulling of the metal surface.
The effectiveness of these bristles come from the fact that they are made to specifically return back to their original shape after use. This is based on the memory bristle design. Here are some of the main features of this brush:
- It is designed from soft nylon nylex bristles
- Available in mini size
- Useful tool for cleaning in between forks, spokes and other hard to reach areas
- Gets rid of brake dust and grime
- Flexible, durable and easy to use on all types of wheels
With this brush, you are free to use any kind of cleaner, because the bristles are chemical resistant. At the top of the brush, there is a vinyl bond and a non-scratch sleeve that makes sure that non part of the brush can cause scratches on your car.
Chemical Guys Body and Wheel Flagged Tip Short Handle Brush
This brush stands out because of the flagged tip, which is unique and soft, helping you remove dirt and grime from your wheels without worrying about scratches. The flagged tip is designed to get the brush into the crevices and cracks, hence it is one of the best options if you have custom wheels. Here are some of the other key features:
- The flagged soft tips allow for gentle and safe cleaning
- It is designed with an 8-inch compact structure
- The non-slip heavy duty handle helps with perfect grip
- Easily removes heavy road grime and dirt
- Specially designed to help you clean painted surfaces, bumpers and wheels
- Flagged tips absorb cleaner and shampoo, making it easy to apply to any of the surfaces that you are cleaning
Even on painted surfaces, the flagged tip design still comes in handy during detailing without causing scratches. The brush has a UV resistant handle which means that you will be using this brush for so many years without ever thinking of getting a new one.
It has a sturdy build and is chemical resistant. For this reason, you are free to use this brush with any of the strong cleaners around. The handle is short enough and allows you the precise grip. For this purpose, you have awesome control on any part of the wheels that you are working on.
How to Select the Best Brush
With the variety in the market, it might be difficult for you to choose the best option. The following are some of the points that you should consider when looking for one of these brushes:
- Wheel brushes must be tough enough to lift the dirt off
- The brush should not be too aggressive or it will damage your paint
- It should easily wipe off grime from the wheels
- It should fit into the slim slots, wheel bolt holes and the upper rim
- The brush has to reach between the rim and brake caliper
- It should be comfortable for you to use
- More importantly, the brush should be affordable, or within an acceptable range
Just as is the case with any of the other detailing tools that you will use, quality matters a lot. Before you think of getting the best wheel brush, make sure you have all the other tools you will need. Start with a good water based wheel cleaner. You need a cleaner that is effective on getting rid of brake dust, but will not spoil the wheel finish.
In some cases, you will need to insert the brush in warm water before you can use it to agitate the cleaner. The use of warm water is important because it helps the brush bristles to be more pliable, and therefore squeeze into the tight holes around the wheels.
Each time you are through with the cleaning, wash off the oil and grease from your brush before storage. You should always make sure your brush is clean before you start using it. To reshape the bristles, rinse the brush in hot water then leave it to hang and dry.
Brake dust can go anywhere. You will need a brush that goes into the most intricate wheel design you have ever come across. Also make sure that the bristles you use are safe for your wheel finish. With the best wheel brush selection, your wheel detailing work will be as good as done.