A weight distribution hitch is a must-have for anyone pulling a heavy trailer. It evenly distributes the load to allow for a smooth ride. There are various features that the models in the market offer. Most features are standard but there are some systems that come with a few extras. When shopping around for one, these are the things to look out for.
- Equalizing the load: The load should be equalized between the trailer so that it reduces or eliminates the up and down movement. Most systems will have bars that allow for the distribution of the load of the trailer tongue between the axles of the vehicle and the trailer.
- Sway control: It helps in keeping the trailer from moving from side to side. When driving over long distances you may encounter strong winds and passing cars, especially heavy vehicles. These can cause your trailer to sway from side to side. The sway control function works to eliminate this movement.
- Capacity: These systems come in various capacities for the tongue load as well as the gross trailer rating. The weights will be corresponding. For example, a 1400 lbs tongue load will have a 14,000 lbs gross trailer rating. You will then choose the one that fits your class of vehicle.
- The weight of the system: Some of these kits can be very heavy. While some may be less than 60 lbs, others may well be over 100 lbs. this is something to consider especially if you are buying one that you will need to take off frequently and haul into your storage.
- Greasing requirements: Most of the hitches will require regular greasing. This means that after each trip you will have to grease them. This can be quite messy work. However there are some which do not require greasing and you can opt for them if this is something that you would like to avoid.
- Ease of installation: Check whether the model that you are going for has installation instructions and what previous customers are saying about it. Also find out whether you will need to get additional parts in order for it to function optimally.
When looking for the Best Weight Distribution Hitch, it helps to take a look at the choices that are available for use. I recomend here is Eaz-Lift 48058 Elite Weight Distributing Hitch Kit ! 🙂
Top 5 Best Weight Distribution Hitch
Thus there are many alternative brands of weight distribution hitches in the market to choose from. Keep in mind your requirements in terms of the capacity you want, the load distribution, the sway control, the load of the system, ease of installation and other preferences. Also check out the customer reviews on the products before your purchase. You will be sure to get a good fit for your trailer.