Top 5 Best Kayak Rack for Tacoma
The Tacoma truck comes unchallenged in its hardcore engineering. It is a truck that is built for any road and will conquer every obstacle. It’s TRD-tuned FOX internal bypass shocks enhance the clearance of the vehicle and give you a smooth ride even when the road gets rough.
This awesome ride enables you to even select the terrain that you are driving in for enhanced performance. The high strength steel material provides both performance and safety. The Tacoma pickup truck allows you to tow 6800 pounds which is awesome if you are planning to tow your craft.
You may also carry a water craft on racks designed specifically for these kinds of vehicle. There are many types of these carriers for the Tacoma truck.
Some allow you to extend the bed of the truck so that you can carry your craft safely on it. Others enable you to carry the craft on top by extending your roof. Most of them allow for both of these scenarios so that the ultimate choice of how to carry your craft is yours.
Some of the Best Kayak Rack for Tacoma
#1. TMS 800 LB Adjustable Fit 2 Bars Utility Ladder Truck Pick up Rack Kayak
TMS 800 LB Adjustable Fit 2 Bars Utility Ladder Truck Pick up Rack Kayak is multifunctional and can haul large items and any size of crafts. So no matter what craft you are hauling, whether a fishing kayak, a white-water craft or sit-on-top, this truck will get it safely to your destination. This carrier comes with incredibly strong frames which can carry up to 800 pounds. This can easily accommodate any water craft as most weigh less than 200 pounds. Fishing crafts weigh between 50 lbs and 150 lbs. The width of these carriers can be adjusted between 5 feet and 7 feet. This is at the point where the carrier is connected to the bed of the truck. This feature allows you to attach longer crafts to your truck. You will be assured that the craft will not come off during your trip. Whatever the height of your truck’s bed, you will have an additional 30 inches from this carrier. This pick up rack weighs 50.4 pounds.
- It is very easy to adjust and can carry two or three crafts. It allows you and your friends to go on trips together making the sport more enjoyable.
- It is very strong and can withstand long trips without requiring adjustments. This is excellent for cross-country trips.
- It is easy to assemble. Whether you have assembled one before or not, putting this together will be pretty straight forward.
- The price is quite affordable.
- The parts are not rust proof and so salt water will damage them. However you can get over this setback by painting them over with rust resistant paint.
- Expect the parts to have paint damage due to poor packaging. You may have to sand them and then repaint. Again for a strong carrier like this, this is only a temporary setback. If you remedy it immediately, you will have no problem in the long run.
#2. TMS T-NS-HITCH-BED-EXTENDER Heavy Duty Pickup Truck Kayak Rack